Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Check out my entry: Costume Cookies!
Some of the co-workers having some fun with the cookies. :D
Monday, October 26, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Needle felt woodland birds & owls
From there you can link to her etsy shop and her blog! I need not even talk about it anymore...just feast your eyes on this CUTENESS!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
- Face painting & tattoos
- Decorate a goodie box - using stencils, markers, stamps and stickers
- Make a rain stick - using recycled paper board, rice and dry beans
- Explore a station - assortment of I-Spy books, magnifying glasses, finger puppets
- Save the strawberries - white ceramic planters lined with plastic cups so kids could 'plant their strawberries', using ice cream, Oreo's or graham crackers and of course strawberries on top.
- Photo op backdrop - hung up a green canopy, turned a super sized tote bucket upside down for sitting, floor pillows and an elephant for props, along with a variety of animal masks.
The kids had a fun time, even the older ones. Hope you enjoy this little montage...created by Annaliza!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Both b.a.s.h.es were for 3 yr old girls...one on Saturday was a Princess b.a.s.h. and the one on Monday was a Go Diego Go b.a.s.h.
On Saturday - the winds were angry! They were strong, and loud and I was worried! The 12 pm party was to be held at a park with a large gazebo shelter. I was about to contact some in door locations for a last minute move...BUT...there was ray (literally) of hope as I started to pack up my car to haul stuff over to the park. The clouds slightly parted and sunshine peeked through.
I went to the park and began setting up...the winds didn't calm down...if, anything...they got stronger. I figured, we could beat the wind...just not a wind and rain combo! It was definitely a challenge, but we used LOTS of glue dots (my new best friend) to hold things down.
The birthday girl showed up with a twinkle in her eye and a huge smile on her face - delighted to see tutus and wings, and pinks and purples and sparkles everywhere!!
It was a big success - the day was filled with:
- Dressing up: The girlies were princesses and the boys were knights
- Glamming up: Lip gloss & sparkle dust for the girls while the boys got knight tattoos
- Pictures: A castle backdrop hung up between pillars and the kiddies stood in front of it after getting fancied up for photos.
- Craft Time: Wooden treasure chest decorating with jewels, pompoms, and markers and foamies stickers. And of course to fill their boxes...gold coins!! :D
- Fun Time: An assortment of puzzles, books, coloring books, and finger puppets all princess or pirate themed (knight themed books were a bit hard to find) were laid out for little hands to explore and play.
- Cupcake Decorating: Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes were handed out along with little icing spreaders. The kids went to town with icing and sprinkles and gel writers! It was GREAT!
I'm also waiting for photos from the Mommy of the Birthday gal! I know she took some awesome pics too! :) More to come!!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
I did manage to capture a few photos of a fave element of we put in the bag. It was Azila's idea and with my graphic design skiiiiiillz, I made it.
That's right friends...they were push-pops turned into Lightsabers! You KNOW that's cool! :)
So, other than that item for the bag, I didn't get any other ones! :( Let me tell ya, I am a Nintendo kid, so I have no idea what Sonic the Hedgehog was all about, or know too much about Star Wars. So, I studied up on Tristan's faves and totally covered the details to make his goodie bag one he'll remember forever!
Here's a list of fun stuff that went into the favor baggie:
- Lightsaber Lollipop aka Push-Up Lollipops
- Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos Emeralds aka Gushers, Jewel shaped
- Super Mario's Fireball Power aka Red Bouncey Ball
- Star wars Tatoos
- Custom Activity Book containing all three characters
- Box of crayons
It was such a cute favor. My most favorite part was when Tristan got his Favor bag, opened it up and his eyes lit up! He was soooo into how I called everything by their proper video game name! He even corrected people when they refereed to an item not by it's character name! :) He wanted to go outside and play with his stuff, then he looks over at his mom and is like, Mom...hold my fireball, It's my secret power!
I just about died with excitement!